Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kindness of Strangers

"I have always relied on the kindness of strangers." -- Blanche DuBois

Once again, yesterday I was reminded that when I am humble & kind I am treated in kind. I had occasion to talk to a representative of a large corporation who had no duty to help me out but did. I choose to believe that in good measure it was because instead of being belligerent or cocky, I calmly explained my crisis and asked for help. And left it at that. The person went above and beyond in helping me. Just when all hope for humanity can seem all but lost, my faith in basic kindness is restored.

Had a really good day yesterday. Had the corporate phone encounter and then a nice new trim from my amazing hairdresser (who I've been going to for over 30 years!). The only mild disappointment came when my copy of 11/22/63 the new release from Stephen King was not in my mailbox. Because I belong to the Stephen King Book Club, the new releases usually arrive day of release. I had already "called it" (LoML has to wait for me to read it first...similar to calling shotgun). Oh well. Feel sure it will be there today.

Still participating in Mayzie's Rescue Me Week We're competing to win a donation for Greyhound Friends of North Carolina. Today's featured goggie:
This is Mo (Zam Mop Up) and here's a bit more about him: Mo is 2 years old. No Cats. Mo has really blossomed since he's gotten here. He is a very sweet boy. He's friendly, silly and a little playful. He's got it all. Mo's got some goofy ears, but he's convinced this adds to his character. You can go to GFNC's site (linky above) and click on "Greys for Adoption" on the left-hand side to see more terrific goggies just waiting for their forever home!






No comments: