Thursday, January 19, 2012

Greyhound Guard Dog!

As promised (late...but if you only knew all the wackiness that's been going on around here you'd forgive me!): a brief recounting of the latest example of Gwyndiculousness at its finest...I was in the dining room and knew Gwyn had been playing in the living room. While she sleeps in her crate at night, she has a bed in the living room that's beside my armchair and next to the built-in, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. That's where she hangs out during the day. Anyway, I suddenly heard her barking. I knew she might be playing, but it had a semi-serious ring to it. As I rounded the corner (it's sort of an L-shaped room), I saw Gwyn down in the play bow pose, focused and barking madly at the intruder. Sharp barks of threat. Quick glances to be sure I was safely tucked behind her. Reassuring me that she had the situation well in hand. Gasping for breath, tears streaming down my face (from the laughter), I realized what Gwyn was protecting us from: a deadly lint ball! Actually, it was sort of a felted circle, about quarter-sized, that appeared to have come off of her blanket. Her. Blanket. It had wandered onto the lowest shelf of the bookshelves. They're off-white painted wood. The grey felt circle showed up nicely. Lamenting the fact that both the camera and the Flip video cam were out of reach, LoML and I continued to laugh. Eventually, as I edged around in a vain attempt to reach said recording devices, Gwyn touched the lintball from hades with her nose and decided it was sufficiently dead.

LoML has decreed that at the very least I should keep the Flip in my pocket at all times during waking hours. (A fine idea...but it's not there now as I'm lounging in yoga pants that have no pockets!)

4 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Well done, Gwyn! Keepin' the family safe. I fear around here you'd lose your mind because there are alot of dust bunnies running free in my house.

Kat said...

Well, there's ample opportunity for practice. I declared the other day that we have dust rhinos! :D Cleaning is not my forte!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Awww... reminds me of the time when Reagan was leary of a star shaped paper weight no bigger than a golf ball.

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

Hey, you've got to watch out for those lint ball! They can be very dangerous! That was a close call! I'm glad your family is safe :)