Monday, December 12, 2011

You Take a Few Days Off...

Wow! I don't really know what to say. Just when I was feeling bad about not posting anything for almost two weeks, I went to catch up on What Remains Now and discovered I'd been awarded a Liebster Award!
This is me expressing my goofy side...so Mom doesn't feel so bad!

Sometimes the demands (read craziness) of my day-to-day life and full-time job get in the way of my goofing off and sharing pictures and funny critter stories. Just when I question my sanity for even trying to keep up with my blog, someone like Lori comes along and honors me and inspires me. Thanks, Lori!

So, what, you say, is a Liebster Award? Well, here are the rules: 



Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve.  As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, you must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.
So here goes...in no particular order, five of my current faves (but gosh there are so many fabulous blogs out there!):
Wonderful, fabulous pictures...inspires my photography while I enjoy Henry and Zachary the beautiful golden retrievers.
The most glorious adventures of one brindle dog...indeed! Mayzie inspired us through her Rescue Me Week project and I hope we continue to try to do our part to help animals in need throughout the year (and I'm not just sayin' that 'coz we won, Mayzie!).
Photography and greyhounds. Two of my favorite things!
Jennifer shares about working with greyhounds in agility and obedience and has lots of interesting tips to share.

Mel the law librarian shares about her life with her husband, three cats, two greyhounds and the occasional foster. Good stuff.

Thank you so much, Lori, for my Liebster Award. I hope some of you have fun checking out my awardees. I know I"ve enjoyed discovering lots of great blogs out there just from clicking on other peoples' links. You all inspire me to be more creative! And, who knows...maybe I'll just manage to keep up with this thing on a regular basis.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Kat. Thanks so much for the award and for visiting my site. I've had a great time going through your blog. Your Gwyn is absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to reading more about her in the future.

What Remains Now said...

I'm so glad you like the award. I love reading about Gwyn and the kitty kats. You have two awardees that I have visited yet, so that will be fun. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Miss Kat! Thank you SO much for this awardie! I luvs it and I luvs your bloggie, too! Sending you oodles of brindle kisses!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks so much for the award! I appreciate the plug!

House of Carnivores said...

Thanks for the award! Your blog looks great too, and I am now a loyal follower!