Friday, February 27, 2009

Views from the City

A few more shots taken from the Empire State Building. This is shot from all the way up at the top. That's Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty out there. We haven't been there yet...perhaps next year.
Because of a commitment to meet some more friends, we didn't stay at the top through sunset, but it was close. The colors were amazing...
Not much time to edit...these don't do it justice, but at least you get the idea of the contrasting colors.
There was still a bit of snow on the ground in shady areas when we got there. Central Park was a bit icy.

On an unrelated note: Today's SotD: "Gotta Be Something More" by Sugarland. Interesting sidebar: My hound (who is an older gent) sometimes (frequently...okay, most every night now) has to go out in the wee hours of the morning (sorry. couldn't resist. "wee" hours! ;D ) Anyway, I've discovered that I generally have a different song in my head each time I get up.

No comments: