Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Paddy's Day y'all (hey! it's a southern Irish expression!) Are you wearing your green? I figured what more appropriate way to celebrate than with a picture of an Irish Wolfhound. This is Quintus. He comes from Aerie Dogs of Pennsylvania. I wish you could see him standing up to appreciate just how big he really is...he's huge!!! He's also terribly sweet. He was resting from a big morning of showing when we met him.

This may be the year we actually make it to Ireland. LoML and I have both dreamed of going there. We have relatives in England and have made several trips there, each time vowing to make the side-trip to Ireland. I think we're really going to make it there this fall!
So, I've been slack on posting this past week. Much going on between trying to get everything to the accountant before my usual last-minute, need-an-extension rush, and ACC basketball tourney--always a favorite time of year in our household. There was much excitement this year, some terrific games. We were glad our team managed to pull another championship out.

Will try to do better this coming week and post more. For now, I leave you with this old Celtic blessing:

May the blessing of light be on you—light without and light within.

May the blessed sunlight shine on you and warm your heart till it glows like a great peat fire.

No comments: