Thursday, July 5, 2012

In Memoriam

Oz
February 16, 2000 - July 1, 2012

You're never prepared. While Oz had been having some medical issues, we really thought medication and food adjustments were going to be enough. You're never prepared to lose a furbaby. As my friend told me: "They steal your heart on the first day and break it on the last." He's right.
Oz & Willow were such little kitties when we brought them home on LoML's birthday 12 years ago!
So hard to believe he's not with us any more...time will tell...so far Willow seems to be hanging in there okay, but it's weird. 

All of the pix in this post are courtesy of J. Frazz Photography. We're so glad that he was able to photograph all the kids when he was here! He got beautiful pix....and he captured cute moments like these:
 
Did you know their mouths would open that wide in a yawn?!?

I know folks who say they'll never "have another" after losing a pet...they'll "never go through that again". While I respect that that's a valid response for some people, I personally would never want to miss the joy and the love that animals give us so freely. Not one minute of it.


7 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Oh my goodness, Kat. These pictures are breaking my heart all over again. What a sweet, sweet boy. My deepest sympathy to your family. Oz was lucky to have you all, and I know you know how blessed you were to have him. Hugs to all.

houndstooth said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss! We're never prepared to lose them. If only they lived as long as we do!

Dachshund Nola said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss
Nola

Sketching with Dogs said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Oz was a beautiful boy.
Hugs, Lynne x

Kat said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Yes, he was a very sweet boy & we were blessed to share his life for the time we did.

House of Carnivores said...

I saw this belatedly, but wanted to offer my sympathy. This kind of thing is painful, nothing else to it.

KB said...

I'm so sorry about Oz... I came over after you mentioned him in your comment on my blog. I can tell how much you loved him... and those photos are so amazing, showing his unique spirit.

I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. Even as I'm in throes of grief, I know that I'll hand my heart to another dog before too long.