Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Laundry

I don't want to shock anyone, but I'm not really a domestic goddess. I don't mind doing laundry too much (especially since we splurged for Christmas a year ago and got nice front-loading machines that I'm pretty sure would launch a space shuttle if I only hit the right combination of buttons...but, I digress). But I confess that I don't believe in ironing. It's just not going to happen except in extreme emergencies! Fortunately, we have a system in our house. When the clothes come out of the dryer I take them back to our bedroom and spread them out on the bed...where they are pressed for me before they're folded:

Sometimes, the folding is done hours later!

3 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Love Gwyn's picture on your header! I have a similar pressing system in our house. In fact, when I put a pile of my husband's white undershirts on the bed, I always figure the top one is going back in the laundry basket because it will be covered with black kitty hair by the time I get them folded...but, I could never take the "sleeping on fresh laundry pleasure" away from Twinkie. She loves it so.

House of Carnivores said...

That sounds disturbingly familiar to the way that things happen here. I need to hire a maid. You know, right after I get the money to hire one.

Kat said...

I hear you! Of course, right after I get the money to hire a maid, I'd have to clean up first so the maid wouldn't see how dirty it is around here! :D