Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...Hat Tip to Houndstooth

Happy Valentine's Day!

May I say that in some ways it's been a difficult week or so...lots of life stuff going on...one piece of which included some dear friends losing a very dear pet in a tragic accident. Once again I try to remember to revel in the day...live fully in the moment...love...These are all things my dog teaches me. I aspire to live with one tenth as much joy as my dog and to love my family & friends with complete abandon as she does.

I know who Gwyn's gonna ask to be her Valentine!
Laughing hound
On another note, I started this blog 4 years ago after visiting the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show for the first time. My friend (who also happens to be our small animal vet) took us...We've gone to 3 of the last 5 shows with her. This year we couldn't make it work as we had the holiday visit to the UK. But we were there in spirit yesterday cheering her on as GCH Live Oaks My Name is Mike took Best of Opposite Sex in the Bluetick Coonhounds: Mike's results linky

And finally, (for today) I tip my hat to Houndstooth over at Tales and Tails I have truly enjoyed following her blog and through her, many others. Today's post Pillars of Strength really touched me and so eloquently expressed many of my thoughts and part of what I attempted to share with my friends who are grieving their dearly departed boxer
Archie
Please take a minute to check it out, send some thoughts and prayers KB's way, and go spend your Valentine's Day with the ones you love!!!!!

3 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Happy Valentine's Day to all. You are a good friend.

Barb said...

I'm one of KB & K's friends, hopping around to meet some of you. Living in the moment seems just right to me!

houndstooth said...

I'm so glad to know you liked our words! I think it's scary to realize that we're going to outlive our canine companions, but at the same time, I've grown so much as a person through the things I've shared with the dogs. Life takes you to all kinds of places!