Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blenheim Palace

Well, *finally* I'm going to take you back to the UK for a bit. Have been wildly busy around here and neglecting ye' ole' blog. But now that I'm here, I want to share with you another of our adventures from our February trip to the UK.

We took a side trip to Blenheim Palace. It's the home of the 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, and (I believe I have this straight) the largest privately-owned palace in the UK. It's also the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.

I'm going to share some pictures of the outside of the palace and the grounds...inside photography was not permitted. I encourage you to go to the official website for some more of the history, and a peek inside. It's a fabulous place. (I could live in the library!)

http://www.blenheimpalace.com/


I adored some of the magnificent trees. There was a photography exhibit inside that featured the Blenheim trees and I desperately wanted to take at least one of the pictures home with me!

No comments: