Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wandering Manhattan

Maybe it's because I'm a small-town kinda' girl, but whenever I visit a big city, I love wandering around and snapping pix on my digital camera. For me, the freedom of digital is that I can shoot away to my heart's content and never worry about wasting film on a picture that won't turn out.
I'm easily impressed by interesting architecture. I don't really know much about it. I can't tell you time periods or names of styles. But I know what interesting details catch my eye and strike my fancy.
And so, I wander along...stopping abruptly to capture images to take home with me as reminders of my stay.
I really liked the details on this building. It was across the street from The Brooklyn Diner--where we ate brunch one day. Don't ask me why it's The Brooklyn Diner when it's in Manhattan. Maybe someone else knows, but I don't! I know that our food was perfect. At least, that's what the waiter kept saying as we ordered. And yeah, it was pretty tasty.

No comments: